Personal Protect Insurance policy provides your beneficiary with a death benefit in the unfortunate event of your accidental death and It also provides you with cover against Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) on account of an accident.
Any adult residing in India can take the policy covering himself / herself and dependent family members between the ages of 5 and 70yrs.Covers
- Cover against Accidental Death or Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) on account of an Accident.
- Optional Cover against Accidental Hospitalisation Expenses and Accidental Hospital Daily Allowance.
- Covers different types of accidents like road, rail accidents, accidents due to natural calamities and arising out of terrorism/ terrorist acts .
- No health check up required.
The policy operates worldwide and is a 24 hours cover.
Different coverages are available ranging from a restricted cover of Death only, to a comprehensive cover covering death, permanent disablements and temporary total disablements.
Family Package cover is available to Individuals under Personal Accident Policy whereby the proposer, spouse and dependent children can be covered under a single policy with a 10% discount in premium.
In Individual Personal Accident policy, facility of cumulative bonus is given whereby the capital sum insured is increased by 5% every year on claim free renewals subject to a maximum of 50%. This cumulative bonus is not available for death only cover.
In the event of an accident giving rise to a claim the following steps should be taken:-
- In case of death claim:-
- Assignee under the policy should immediately notify the policy issuing office.
- Submit the claim form alongwith death certificate, post mortem report, police report and original policy.
- In case of injury claim:-
- Notify the policy issuing office immediately.
- Submit Police report if any.
- Submit claim form alongwith medical certificate certifying the disablement.
- In case medical expenses extension has been taken, then the prescription alongwith bills are to be submitted.
It provides for payment of compensation on the insured person's death caused by bodily injury arising out of accidental, violent, external and visible means and resulting in death within 12 (twelve) calendar months of occurrence of the accidental injury.Permanent Total Disablement
It provides for payment of compensation for bodily injury caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means resulting in Permanent Total Disablement resulting from an accident.Permanent Partial Disablement
It provides for payment of compensation for bodily injury caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means resulting in Permanent Partial Disablement within 12 (twelve) calendar months of occurrence of such injury.Temporary Total Disablement
It provides for payment of compensation for bodily injury caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means resulting in Temporary Total Disablement. The compensation shall be payable for the temporary period for which the Insured Person suffers from total disablement due to accidental bodily injury.EXCLUSIONS
- War risks
- Suicide and insanity
- Self-inflicted injury
- Influenced by liquor, drugs or narcotics
- Provoked murder or assault
- Childbirth, pregnancy or miscarriage
- Involvement in unlawful activities
- Hazardous sports
- Operating or riding a two-wheel motor vehicle